If you hold a variety of plants such as cucurbits, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, rose, and eggplants, grafting clips are handy. Each plant seedling requires different growth conditions and the right grafting clip.
Grafting Clips For Pepper, Eggplant And Tomato Plant
Due to the difference in growth conditions, eggplants, tomatoes, and pepper plants, there is a choice between a hard and a soft grafting clip. However, rigid grafting clips for fairly tight plants by most Mediterranean countries over the flexible and soft grafting clips. Most of the countries with moderate climate use soft, adjustable grafting clips.
What Are Rigid Grafting Clips?
Because of their rigid performance, the rigid grafting clips are complex in their adaptability. However, there are four necessary rigid grafting clips made of sturdy plastic with defined characteristics.
- The PT2 grafting model is available in size ranging from 1.2-3.5 mm with a rigid clip around the round opening.
- The PT3 model comes with an oval opening and is a soft grafting material. However, this model has sizes ranging from 1.2-3.5 mm models.
- The PT4 is a grafting clip is a rigid clip with support. Besides, it comes with an oval opening and has sizes from 1.5-2.7 mm range.
- The PT5 model comes with an oval opening and is a rigid clip. However, the oval opening is more flexible between the upper and lower stems in diameter. Besides, this model comes in a range of 2.0-3.0 mm sizes.
What Are Soft Grafting Clips?
Most soft grafting clips use materials of a soft or flexible fabrication. Besides, this grafting clip is the best substitute for silicone-based grafting clips. However, there are three basic soft grafting clip models with defined characteristics.
- The PT7 model is a flexible and soft clip which is available in a range of 1.2-2.5 mm sizes.
- The PT8 models are available in a range of 1.3- 2.5 mm of sizes. Besides, this grafting clip model is a soft, flexible clip with stick support.
- The PT9 model comes in sizes between 1.0-2,.0 mm range with soft, flexible material for the clip. Besides, it contains ridges on the clips ends. Moreover, this ridge provides a firm grip and makes it easy for working.
Grafting Clips For Cucurbits
However, for cucurbit plants, there are two primary ways of grafting techniques. The first method is the approximation grafting clip, which uses either a PS2 or PS3 grafting clips. While the second method is the splicing grafting clip, which uses either PS1 or PS7 grafting clip.
Suitable Grafting Clips Needed For Rose Plants
Often grafting clamps are now made use of suitable grafting clips for rose plants. However, there is no need to remove any of the small, powerful clips after cultivation. Besides, most rose grafting clips comes in sizes ranging as XS, S, and M.
The Spectrum Of Colors For Grafting Clips
The grafting clips are mostly available in a broad spectrum of colors. Most of the clips are available in colors such as green, red, orange, purple, blue, black, yellow, and natural. However, these colors come to an advantage when you make use of the different kinds and sizes of the grafting clips used. Besides, these colors help you to commit fewer mistakes through the easy distinction of the clips.